We hate to see you go, but if you need to close your main account, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- The close main account request must be received prior to the end of the last month you wish the closure to be effective. I.e., If you'd like the account to be closed effective December 31st, the request must be received by 11:50 pm (EST) December 31st.
- Please be advised that a final monthly invoice payment is still your responsibility. The final invoice will be due upon closure of the account and are not prorated.
- Once an account is closed there is no access for any users. Should account access be required in the future, there is a reactivation fee. Click here to learn more about our Reactivation process.
For more information related to Accounting and Closing your Main Account, please visit the Accounting Agreement.
Select Account Administration > Account Management.
Click the Close Main Account link.
Once the Request to Close Main Account window is displayed, read the information and click Continue.
Enter a brief description of why you are requesting to close your account.
Click the Submit button.
Prior to submitting this request, please take time to collect any applicable information required by your business. This can be completed by running and printing/exporting applicable reports or by requesting a Data Snapshot. Please make sure you are securely storing your files based on your internal processes and policies regarding HIPAA and ePHI.
Document Imaging files will be permanently deleted after 90 days of closure.
Mailbox Files will be permanently deleted after 180 days of closure. Mailbox files are defined as Clearinghouse or Payer Generated files and include:
- Clearinghouse Reports (CA, EC)
- Payer Reports (RE, RR, SR, SE, etc.)
- Remittance Files (R5)