A request to update or change a provider’s Tax ID should only be made if:
- A typo was made when adding the provider initially.
- If the Tax ID initially used is incorrect and all claims are being rejected.
- If the Tax ID has been legally changed.
If any of the above scenarios are not met, this request should not be made. Instead, a new provider record should be added with a different Tax ID. A one-time charge for a Tax ID Add-on may apply, unless the change request is one of the following:
- Claims were never submitted with the Tax ID (prior to the change).
- Claims were submitted but rejected due to an invalid Tax ID and can be found/seen within CollaborateMD.
- The provider is currently transitioning from SSN to EIN, or vice versa.
Follow the steps below to request a Tax ID change / update.
Select Customer Setup > Providers.
Use the Show All button to view all providers. Or use the Search field to further drill down your search.
Select the Provider.
Click the Request Tax ID Change link.
When the pop-up window appears, enter the required information
Keep claims/ERA separate?
Select YES, if you will need the provider’s current Tax ID for reporting or claim re-billing purposes.
Select NO, if you do not need to use the provider's current Tax ID for reporting or claim re-billing purposes.
Check the box confirming your understanding that a one-time charge for a Tax ID Add-on may apply.
Once submitted, the request will be processed within 2-3 business days.