New Features and Updates
- Payment Portal Options Enhancement: Updated the Payment Portal Options within the patient record to allow users to change the email address for patients who lost access to the email associated with their online payment portal account. Users can reset the patient's payment portal email and allow them to reset their own password with a new email address.
- New Hard Close Payment Setting: Added a new payment setting to "exclude charges and debits from Hard Close" that will allow charges and debits to still be available to enter or edit for the closed period when the Hard Close date is set.
- New Two-Factor Authentication Option: Added a new layer of security to keep your account data safe. Once our new Two-Factor Authentication has been enabled and configured by your system admin, users will first enter their username and password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access to the application, they will be required to provide a second authentication via an SMS Text Message, Authenticator App, Device Authentication, or a Hardware Token (security key). A new Two-Factor Authentication permission will Control the ability of users to configure two-factor authentication.
- Patient Notes Enhancement: Added the ability to copy relative claim notes to one or more claims associated with the current patient. A new copy iconwill allow users to select the unpaid claim(s) for this patient to copy the note to (by checking the corresponding box(es).
- Claim Charge Status Enhancement: Updated the Claim screen to no longer allow users to manually set a charge to a status of Incomplete when all required data is present on the claim and patient record. Users will now be warned that this action is not supported. Customers are encouraged to create and use a Custom Claim Status for any charges needing further action before being billed.
- Institutional Claim Field Enhancement: Updated the Additional Info tab within the Institutional Claim to include fields for Documentation Method and Documentation Type when sending one or more attachments to the payer via paper. When populated, this value will be sent in the required location of the electronic claim submission (Loop 2300 PWK-2 & Loop 2300 PWK-3).
- Institutional Claim Field Enhancement: Updated the Additional Info tab within the Institutional Claim to capture the Patient Estimated Cost Due. When populated, this value will be sent in the required location of the electronic claim submission (Loop 2300 AMT~F3).
- New Institutional Billing Option: Added a new institutional claim billing option within the Payers screen to print the taxonomy code in Box 76 of the UB-04 form for user-printed claims.
Minor Changes and Bug Fixes
- Superbill Field Update: Added a new Superbill field to the Text Based and Form Based superbills to show the patient's Collection Balance. For Form Based superbills, the variable @CBAL can be used to show this balance.
- Reports Viewer Update: Updated the search field within the Reports Viewer screen to support showing matches based on report categories as well as the report titles. This update will be controlled by a new report setting.
- Insurance Payment Posting Screen Update: Updated the Insurance Payment Posting Screen to include a new column to show the priority of the payer that made the payment on the EOB referenced by the row. By default, this column will be hidden but can be added using the select columns (Right-Click) feature for the screen. In addition, the claim status column is now available when auto-applying an ERA. Previously, this column was only shown when manually entering an insurance payment or viewing an existing payment.